The EACG Fest has one mission is to promoting the understanding and appreciation of comic and cartoon art. Through the Comic and Cartoon Art Competition, EACG Fest create a celebration of comics and graphic novels and their creators, which culminates in a two-day exhibition and vendor fair featuring many comics creators from around the world. Entries are considered by a jury of professionals, including renowned cartoonists, illustrators, publishers, and editors. The original works of the finalist will be exhibited in the Art Gallery at the EACGF. The winners will receive the certificate at the award ceremony.
• Long Form: Work longer than 40 pages. Includes graphic novels, comic books, etc.
• Short Form: Work shorter than 40 pages. Includes stand-alone work, zines, comic books and work that has been published in anthologies.
• Special Format: Work that is design-driven and created with special attention to production values, including limited editions, small presses, hand-made items, and art books.
• Digital Media: Work that is native to a digital format. Includes web comics, online comic strips, and other digitally-driven works. Up to 20 images accepted per entry.
• Comic Strip: A short-form work published in newspapers, magazines, books, online, etc. featuring four or more panels.
• Single Image: Work featuring a self-contained narrative image with or without captions. Includes gag cartoons, political cartoons, single-panel cartoons, etc.
• Moving Image: Motion graphics and animations (including gifs) intended to be shown on computer screens and tablets and created for apps, ebooks, digital versions of magazines, etc.
Comic Arts SUBMISSION:
Click for Online FORM
Submission Processing Deadlines and Fee:
Regular Submissions: July 16 - August.31, 2017: Professional $40; Student: $20
Late Submissions: Sept 1- Oct.5, 2017: Professional $60; Student: $30
• The work should be culturally authentic, timely, and of universal appeal.
• The content should be creative, highly original, and should demonstrate artistic and technical mastery.
• All non-English language titles must have legible English language subtitles or translations.
• The work accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping and customs duties or taxes pre-paid.
• Fill out the entry form and Pay the submission fee
• Agree to the terms and conditions.
• Long Form and Short Form must be submitted in PDF format.
• DIGITAL MEDIA, COMIC STRIP, SINGLE IMAGE AND MOVING IMAGE. Submitted images must be 1000 pixels or less on the longer axis, and in JPG (RGB).
• Only the finalist can mail the original works to the festival office
• All physical entry materials will not be returned.
• Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified.
• The EACG will not accept any content that advocates or supports racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Epic ACG Fest is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the festival, but the festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
The stated submitter will be considered the contact person for the film and thus will be the only one receiving emails and information regarding the status of the art works acceptance in the festival.
EACG-Comic is a competitive festival. There are two groups: Professorial atd Amateur. Under each group, each entry will fall into one of the following categories: Long & Short Forms, Special Format, Digital Media, Comic Strip, Single Image, or Moving Image. Entries are judged by a jury of professionals, including renowned cartoonists, illustrators, publishers, and editors
NOTIFICATION OF ENTRY STATUS:
Applicants will be notified on or before Oct 6, 2017 if their production has been officially selected. Upon acceptance you will receive an email verifying your acceptance. Be sure to have info@EAGfest.org on your accepted email list.
Each Finalist will receive:
• Two (2) All Access passes to the EACG Fest;
• Up to three (3) Exhibitor Passes (no monetary value) to allow access to the Show Floor to showcase and present their art works
• 1/6 page print poster with commentary in EACG Fest program book;
• Permission to use a version of the official Contest name and finalist logo in promotional materials relating to the Finalist Art Work.
@2017 Epic ACG Fest