Short <40min. Feature>41min, TV Episode <45min. MV<40 min.
•Adult (Age 18+); Youth ( age15 -18); Children (age 6-14);
•Animation Art Forms
DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES:
For early entries received before August 31, the following entry fees apply:
• Short film/TV or video (under 40 minutes): $40.00 USD
• Feature-length film or video (41 minutes or longer): $80.00 USD
• Children Made Animated Production: Free
• Youth Made Production: $10.00
For late entries received Sept.1-30, the following entry fees apply:
• Short film/TV or video (under 40 minutes): $60.00 USD
• Feature-length film/TV or video (41 minutes or longer): $100.00 USD
• Children Made Production: $10.00
• Youth Made Production: $20.00
All entries and entry fees must be received in their entirety postmarked by Oct.10,2017
• Animated Production must have a completion date of Jan 1, 2015 or later.
• Acceptable NTSC exhibition formats are: DVD, Blue ray, Digital Video File (minimum resolution 1280 x 720).
• All non-English language films must have legible English language subtitles.
• Animated Productions accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping and customs duties or taxes pre-paid.
• You may submit a completed paper submission form.
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified.
• The action of the film should be animation or at least 50% animation involved and the stories should be culturally authentic, timely, and of universal appeal.
• Film content should be creative, highly original, and demonstrate artistic and technical mastery.
•Experiment/Mix-Media means animation using other forms of expression including Claymation, puppetry, etch-a-sketch, etc., as well as those using more than one technique. Also includes projects combining Live Action and Animation, however animation must be at least 50% of the finished project
Criteria for non-acceptance of productions into the festival include:
• Content that advocates and supports racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias.
• Any submission not subtitled or dubbed into the English language.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Epic ACG Fest is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival, but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
• Signed and completed Entry Form (one entry form per film or TV episode or Video)
.3 preview copies DVD (NTSC only),
• A minimum of one (1) still from the film (color preferred, B&W accepted). Digital stills and press kits are preferred. Stills must be 300 dpi and at least 4"x 5" in size and contain an actual shot from the film.
• You may email stills and forms to info@EACGfest.org
Stated submitter will be considered the contact person for the film and thus will be the only one receiving emails and information regarding the status of the film's acceptance in the festival.
Epic ACG Fest-Animation is a competitive Festival. Animated productions accepted are automatically eligible for the applicable competition category. There are three age groups: Children ( age 6-14); Youth ( age 15-18); Adult: age 18+ ; under each age group, there are categories in Film, TV and Music Video, also classified in Animation ( feature and short); Mix-media ( feature and short); Education ( feature and short). In addition to all official selections being eligible for Jury, Audience and Festival Honors awards, a jury comprised of filmmakers and Animators (both young and adult) and industry representatives will screen all competition finalists, deliberate and announce the results at the end of the Festival.
NOTIFICATION OF ENTRY STATUS:
Applicants will be notified on or before Oct..6., 2017 as to whether or not their production has been officially selected. Upon acceptance you will receive an email verifying your acceptance. Be sure to have info@EACGfest.org on your accepted email list.